I love doing little projects around the house to spruce it up. If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ll notice that I have a dedicated board to DIY projects. I have a pretty bare fireplace mantle at the moment, so in an effort to decorate it without spending too much money, I decided to paint terra cotta pots and plant cute little succulents in them. This project is so quick and simple, you can have these done in just a days work. Here are my finished results:
The fireplace still looks a little empty, but slowly and surely it will come together.
- Tape off the sections you want to paint
- First, use a primer to prepare the area you want to paint. This is important, especially if the terra cotta pots will be outside.
- After the primer has dried (about 30 minutes to an hour), paint two coats of the paint and let it try until completely dry to the touch.
- Gently peel off the tape.
- Add some potting mix to the pots, then add the plants. Give them a good soak and they’re good to go!